YOU'VE MADE UP YOUR MIND TO SELL YOUR HOME, NOW WHAT?
Whether it's you first time selling your home, or
you haven't done it in a while, here are the
seven most important things you need to know.
1.Look around your house for any repairs that may need to be done. Such as chipped paint, roof leaks, plumbing issues, cracked windows. These are things that will most likely need to be done before the appraiser goes to your home. Might as well get them done now so you won't need a second appraisal.
2. Gather all your paperwork pertaining to your house, such as your current mortgage company info, title, deeds, loan payoff information, etc.
3. Contact a knowledgable Real Estate agent you can trust. Let them know of your plans to sell your home, and how much you expect to sell it for, and be prepared to tell them how much you still owe on the loan(s). Be sure to also let them know of any upgrades you have added to the home since you purchased it, and what you plan on taking with you.
4. Schedule a day for a photoshoot with your realtor. Make sure your house is in the best shape possible for that day. Clean baseboards, windows, the pool if you have one, take care of landscaping, get rid of any oil stains in driveway/garage, etc. The point is to showcase your home in its best condition so you get the best offer possible.
5. Decide where you're going to live next. Have your agent send you some listings of houses in the area you prefer. It would be ideal for both deals to close concurrently. That means that you will have your new place ready for move-in by the time your buyers move in to your old home. This happens all the time in real estate, and is actually not as complicated as it may seem.
6. Be prepared to show your home to interested buyers. Your agent may request to have open houses on certain days. Set up a schedule that works best for you
7. Get ready to move. Once the process is complete, and both deals are in escrow, you will need to start packing. Congratulations
"A NEW BEGINNING
IN YOUR NEW
The most important thing is to have a great real estate professional who will look out for your best interest. They will assure that you get the most money for your current home, and the best deal possible on your new home.
As professionals, we are accustomed to making deals every single day. What may seem complicated to you, is actually just a part of our job. Don't be afraid to ask questions. We know that you don't do this every day (or else you wouldn't need us in the first place), so don't hesitate to tell us if ou doesn't understand something.
I truly hope this helps you have a better understanding. Don't be afraid to reach out to me with any questions or if you would like me to represent you in the sale of your home. I am here to help. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations on your decision. I wish you the best in your transactions, and many many blessings!